Lagos State Scheme of Work for Primary Schools
COMPULSORY CORE SUBJECTS
Basic science and technology
Cultural and creative art
Physical and Health education
ONE MAJOR NIGERIAN LANGUAGE
Christian religious knowledge
Islamic religious knowledge
SECOND TERM PHYSICAL AND HEALTH SCHEME OF WORK FOR PRIMARY FIVE (5)/ BASIC FIVE (5)
WEEK 1: HOCKEY
- The history of hockey in
- facilities and equipment
- drawing and Labelling of hockey board with dimensions
WEEK 2: TABLE TENNIS
- The history of table
tennis in Nigeria.
- Facilities and equipment
of table tennis.
- Drawing and Labelling of
table tennis board with dimensions.
- Reasons why physical
equipment should be properly stored and inspected before use.
WEEK 4 & 5: MEASURING PHYSICAL FITNESS COMPONENT
- Identify physical fitness component.
- Identify physical fitness component.
WEEK 7: BASIC GYMNASTICS ACTIVITIES
- Floor activities
- Gymnastic activities with
WEEK 10: RECREATION ACTIVITIES
- Definition of recreation
- Classification of
WEEK 11: OUTDOOR RECREATION ACTIVITIES (Camping activities)
- Definition of outdoor
- Suitable outdoor
Importance of outdoor recreation
12: INTRODUCTION TO DIRECTION
13: REVISION AND EXAMINATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY SECOND TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR PRIMARY FIVE (5)/ BASIC FIVE (5)
THEME 1: LIVING AND NON – LIVING
TOPIC: Domestic Animals 1
- Common domestic animals
- Grouping domestic animal based on their
- Other foods eaten by domestic animals.
TOPIC: Domestic Animals 2
- Reproduction in domestic animals.
- Habits of some domestic animals.
- Benefits of domestics animals.
TOPIC: THE HUMAN BODY (THE SKELETAL SYSTEM 1)
- The skeletal system
- Types of bones
- Functions of bones
TOPIC: THE HUMAN BODY 2 (THE SKELETAL SYSTEM)
- Joints and muscles
- Types of joints
- Function of joint and muscles
TOPIC: REPRODUCTION IN PLANTS I
- Sexual reproduction.
- Part of a flower
- Pollination of flower
TOPIC: REPRODUCTION IN PLANTS 2
- Insect and wind pollinated flowers
- Fertilization and fruit development.
- Differences between fertilization and
TOPIC: WATER CYCLE AND RAIN FORMATION
- Water cycle
- Rain formation
- Relationship between water cycle and rain
- Meaning of rocks
- Types of rocks
- Uses of rocks
- Major landmark rocks.
TOPIC: ACIDS AND BASES
- Meaning of Acids and Bases
- Physical properties of acids and bases
- Types of acids and bases
- Uses of acids and bases
TOPIC: SOAP I
- Soap and detergents.
- Local materials used for making soap
- Active ingredients of the materials
TOPIC: SOAP II
- Methods of soap preparation.
- Industrial process of soap making
- Chemical needed for soap making
- Uses of soap.
WEEK 12 – REVISION
WEEK 13 – EXAMINATION
BASIC SCIENCE AND TECHNOLOGY SECOND TERM SCHEME OF WORK FOR PRIMARY SIX (6)/ BASIC SIX
THEME: LIVING THINGS AND NON LIVING THINGS
1 (UNIT I): REVIEW OF FIRST TERM’S WORK
WEEK 2(UNIT II): THE HUMAN REPRODUCTIVE SYSTEM
- The meaning of reproduction.
- The structure and function of male reproductive organ
- The structure and function of female reproductive organ.
WEEK 3(UNIT III): RESPONSIBLE PARENTHOOD
- Safe age of reproduction.
- Changes in male and female during puberty.
- Responsible sexual behaviours
- identification of sexual irresponsible behavior
- Consequences of indiscriminate or irresponsible sexual behaviour.
WEEK 4(UNIT IV): WATER PROJECT
- Examples of water projects in Nigeria.
- Benefit and Hazard of water project.
WEEK 5 (UNIT V): AIR
- The meaning of Air.
- Properties of Air.
- Air pressure
WEEK 6(UNIT VI): MINERAL RESOURCES
- Meaning of mineral resources.
- Types and sources of mineral resources
- Importance of mineral resources
YOU AND TECHNOLOGY
WEEK 7(UNIT VII): COLOURS
- The component of light (rainbow)
- Primary and secondary colours
- Mixing of colours.
8 (UNIT VIII): DOOR MAT MAKING
- Materials for door mat making
- Production/Making of door making
- Marketing of
9 (UNIT IX): DRAWING INSTRUMENT
of drawing instruments.
WEEK 10 (Unit X): INTRODUCTION TO WOODWORK HAND TOOLS
- Definition of hand tools
- The measuring tools
- The marking tools
- The cutting tools
11 (Unit XI): MAINTENANCE
12 (Unit XII): Revision
13 (Unit XIII): EXAMINATION